- Safeguarding the patent rights & conversion of medicinal
plants and safe guarding the endangered species and Intelectual
- Instituting medical plants concept in Waste land Development
& Environment Pollution Control.
- Inculcating the Importance of medicinal plants in Human Health
- Application of medical plants in Pharmaceutical, Cosmetic &
- Conducting the Certificate, Diploma, Degree & Post Graduate
Courses under the guidance of renowned Universities & Institution
of Govt. of India.
- Manpower & Technical Assistance, Guidelines from Experts.
- Serving the Addresses of Local Herbal Dealers & Foreign
Importers & Exporters on demand data base and export &
- Conducting permanent Herbal Exhibition at AHFTER Society in
Madurai and Chennai for the public, exhibiting Herbal Materials,
Herbal value added products & Herbal Books.
- Conducting every week Free Medical Camp at AHFTER Society Office
and providing Herbal Medical Experts Consultation for the public.
- Conducting awareness programmes on “Quality Herbal Cultivation,
Quality Control & Standardization, Industrialization and Export
of Medicinal Plants” at the District Head-Quarter with a
view to harness the golden green mine of medical plants.
- Imparting training for the unemployed rural artisans, young
entrepreneurs, Women folk in the field of Herbal industrializationand
implementing “Village Herbal Health Care Scheme”,
“Village Herbal Cottage Industries Scheme” and “Village
Herbal Garden Scheme” and “Village Herbal Commercial
Scheme” throught the nation.
OBJECTS OF THE SOCIETY
The Association shall have the following objectives:
Our Motherland bestows us a great Honor which is unique in nature
when it is compared with Global distinctions vast stretch of Golden
Green Mine of Medical Plants and Herbal. It becomes a perquisite
and prerogative of every one of us harness the precious and prestigious
threshold judiciously with conservation to take a lead in the world
arena. As it conduces, a premier and prominent organizational society
is necessitated with a mandate to co-ordinate, promote and sustain
cultivation, conservation, industrialization, trading, marketing,
processing and exporting of Medical plants and Herbals. To accomplish
this objectives The “All India Herbal Farmers, Traders, Exporters
Research Society (AHFTER) is formed to discharge and disseminate
the following activities and programmes.
1. To Advocate appropriate cropping of medical
plants/ Herbals on soil type and agro climatic conditions for which
Soil Testing Laboratory Service is to be rendered for ascertaining
the suitability of the Crop.
2. To supply seeds seedlings, Bio-Fertilizers and
3. To offer Agro Technology Packages and cultivation
4. To popularize various kinds of Medicinal plants
suitable for our Agro climatic conditions.
5. To encourage the establishment of irrational
6. To offer contract Forming and Buy-Back Arrangements.
7. To offer quality control and Standardization
Service Procedures from Rawstage to value Added finished stage.
8. To develop infrastructure for efficient post
9. To disseminate information on market intelligence.
10. To promote processing and distillation industries
for value addition.
11. To assist the young entrepreneurs to commence
herbal small, Medium and large scale Herbal cosmetic food Medicine
Industrial Projects with turnkey basis.
12. To assist and obtain help from support Service
organization like banks, Insurance Companies, Financial institutions
for financial Assistance and Insurance coverage for members and
13. To co-ordinate with the institutions like APEDA,
NABARD, CIMP, NHB, NCDC, NMPB, Agricultural Universities, Biological
Institutions, R and D Institutions and Foundations, Bio-tech.
14. To co-ordinate with Agricultural Export Zones
(AEZ), Agricultural Processing Zones (APZ) Bio-Tech Park (BTP) and
Food Park (FP).
15. To lay demonstration plots and to conduct Herbal
Seminars, Exhibitions and Workshops.
16. To provide linkage among producers, traders,
Exporters and Research and development Scientists.
17. To conduct programmes to inculcate the importance
o Medicinal plants and Herbals in human health care and its applications
in pharmaceutical, neutraceutical, cosmetic and Agro Chemical Industries.
18. To conduct certificate, diploma, degree and
post graduate courses under the guidance and affiliations of renowned
universities, R and D institutions, HRD, research foundations and
Government of India Institutions.
19. To offer manpower and technical assistance
and guidelines of export.
20. To maintain a library by Herbal cultivation,
Trade and Export and to offer Market Information Services (MIS)
and Herbal Data Base (HDB) with a view to establish a nation wide
communication and net work.
21. To institute area expansion programme in the
Management of vast land Development and Environmental protection
Medicinal plants and Herbals crops cultivation procedure to maintain
22. To safeguards the patent rights and to conserve
the endangered species of medical plants and Herbals.
23. To institute well knit transport arrangements,
cold storage facility, post harvest infrastructure facilities like
pre cooling, grading, packaging, storage etc.,
24. To obtain training for farmers and processing
industry personnel for improving Agro economic practices and new
25. To promote Hi-Tech cultivation under controlled
climatic conditions (i.e.) in poly houses, Green houses and net
26. To prepare and submit precise, perfect, properly
designed project proposals with the clear indication of future benefits
and as per the guidelines of National Medicinal plants Board and
financial institutions lending with the prescribed format.
27. To parade the skills by exchange of technical
28. To conduct observations cum study Towns within
the country and abroad.
29. To establish seed and gene banks and tissue
30. To prepare a CD-ROM in a professional way for
the benefit of farmers, traders, exporters, scientists, and professionals
etc., which would include information about the high quality production,
packaging, post harvest management, cool chain domestic and export
31. To implement villages Herbal Health care scheme
and “Village Cottage Industries” Scheme so that the
rural artisans and unemployed youths may be imparted training to
utilize the locality available Herbals for industrial purpose.
32. To impart and disseminate GMP, GLP and GAP
practices among the members and the public.
33. To arrange display plots of “Human Herbal
Garden” in villages which exhibits” to identify and
use the relevant Herbals to the particulars system of the human
34. To impart training and knowledge about the
industrial utilization of Medical plants/herbals for students of
School level to College level with a view them to earn while learn.
35. To assist the Doctors of all decline in conducting
chemical and clinical analysis in the field of medicinal plants
and herbals and also making a co-ordination with R & D Institutions.
36. To Help the Traders and the Exporters to participate
in the national and International Herbal Trade Exhibition and Seminars.
37. To make a Network of village Herbal Industries
to the International markets with the help of e-mail and Satellite
38. To assist the Farmers and Traders in e-mail
39. To Train the Self-Help Groups (SHGs) and the
NGO s in the Herbal related Trade and Industries.
40. In short, by clubbing the Indian Man Power
Natural Resources and Brain Power to take a lead in the world arena
by harnessing the Golden thresh-hold of the Green herbals and brining
India a Healthier and a wealthier country.